Thursday 8 October 2015

The Scorch Trials Review! (No Spoilers)

Sooooo since seeing the first film of this amazing trilogy, The Maze Runner, (I also did a review of it which you can read here), I bought and read the books instantly and I loved them!

So you can imagine my excitement when the trailer for second installment, The Scorch Trials, came out! I went to see it in the cinema a few days after it was out.

Without giving too much away, prepare to be spooked with some jumpy and terrifying scenes. This film is following on from the gladers escaping the maze and being rescued by a team of protectors. But secrets soon unravel and the gladers are yet again found escaping and fighting for their lives in this epic movie.

Thomas (Dylan O'Brien) really shows off his talent in this film, along with Teresa (Kaya Scodelario) and Min Ho (Ki Hong Lee) who play the main roles in this film. Such raw talent for such young actors!

Having read the book and having something to relate it to, I am gutted the storylines didn't always follow through and some scenes were slashed. However, it was an amazing film and I would deffo see it again! It is 132 minutes long, but believe me, the time flew by and I wasn't wondering when it would finish or have a numb bum haha.

Have you seen it or read the books? What are your thoughts?

The Scorch Trials are in cinemas now!

No comments:

Post a Comment